Scottish Highlander Course
Watch the work in progress video below and then click on lesson number one to begin this course.
Welcome to the Scottish Highlander Course!
- This is an advanced course, if you are a beginner you will want to complete a beginner course first.
- Take the course on making prefelted balls before starting this course.
- You can purchase the materials needed to make this Scottish Highlander here: Scottish Highlander Course Kit
- You can also source your own materials. I used Romney and Suri Alpaca wool but you can use what you have on hand or other types of wool too.
Materials needed for the Scottish Highlander course:
- 14 gauge wire
- Prefelted Balls
- 4mm glass eyes with wire loops
- .5 ounces white wool or whatever color you have on hand and want to get rid of
- 5 ounces tan/brown wool
- .5 ounce tan/brown Suri Alpaca
- Small amount light gray wool
- Dish soap
- needle and thread
- size 36 felting needle
- Felting Cushion or Pillow
- The Mini Felting Pillow is introduced in this course as an excellent tool in felting legs. It is not required to complete this course but very helpful.