Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! This is the time of year to get your loved one something special … and stores are constantly pushing us to buy flowers and sweets. Call me a hopeless romantic, but I’d much rather give something that lasts. Even better if it’s truly from the heart!
I personally adore giving handcrafted gifts. It gives me such a good feeling — even better than receiving gifts! Making gifts for my loved ones is so much more rewarding than buying something in a store. And when I receive a handmade gift, I know that a lot of thought and care went into it. What better way to celebrate a holiday devoted to love?
In recent years, Valentine’s Day has expanded to include all sorts of relationships, from best friends to siblings to romantic partners. It’s definitely not just for your crush anymore! If you’re like me and you enjoy “Galentine’s Day” along with your classic sweetheart celebration, you have a lot of Valentines to make!
Whether you need some Valentine’s Day gift ideas for fiber artists or want to needle felt some unique Valentines, I have some ideas:
- Hearts for your felted animals to hold. It’s the perfect way to add some Valentine’s decor to your collection.
- A felted teddy bear. An adorable teddy, made with love, is so much more thoughtful than a store-bought stuffed animal.
- Felted chocolate truffles. While they won’t be edible, they’ll bring joy for years to come.
- A needle-felted bouquet of flowers. Yes, you can needle-felt flowers! Roses are the classic choice for Valentine’s Day, but daisies or lilies can be lovely as well. Here’s some pink wool that’s perfect for roses.
- A felted Valentine’s cactus. Try felting an adorable cactus with a heart-shaped “flower” on top!
- A selection of Valentine’s wool for the fiber artist you love. (Plus, this sampler has some good colors for the ideas above.) You could also get them stocked up with a felting needle bundle or spoil them with a deluxe needle felting kit.
- Here are some more handmade Valentine’s Day gift ideas, including projects for both needle felting and other crafts.
- Support us on Giving Hearts Day by purchasing the Heart Garland Kit to support the Nome Schoolhouse Non-profit and join us live on EweTube February 9th at 7pm to make the hearts with us.
During this chilly winter, stay snug and warm hands and hearts with needle felting. Needle felting is the perfect cold-weather hobby where you can make thoughtful gifts for all of your Valentines! Haven’t yet started needle felting but are eager to learn? Hearts are super-easy for beginner felters, and if you join my Needle Felting Academy, you’ll build your skills in no time!