The Needle Felting Academy is a membership community offering you access to an ever growing variety of VIDEO Courses that will show you how to needle felt the BEST sculptures you’ve ever felted.
Plus, new content is added on a regular basis.
Is The Needle Felting Academy for you?
1. Just found out about needle felting? This is perfect for you, the academy has beginner courses for those that are just starting plus loads of information to get you started on the right foot.
2. Have you been felting for years? The Academy is full of courses and information just for you. The advanced courses will teach you new techniques and tricks that will help you take your felting to the next level.
3. Looking for a place to talk with like minded people? Make new felting friends in the forums, share ideas and learn from each other. There are members from all over the world in all stages of their felting journey. Share your disasters and felting achievements, organization ideas and encouragement plus much more.
4. Want to learn how to add more detail to your sculptures? The video courses are designed to do just that, you will learn many new techniques in each course. Learn how to add personality to your sculptures.
5. Want FEEDBACK on your artwork? Taking a course and want to know if things are shaping up the way they are supposed to? Teresa will give you feedback on your projects, helping you to see what improvements or changes should be made to make the best sculpture you have ever made.
6. Need motivation? Challenges in the forum are not only fun but will help keep you motivated and felting so that you will improve.
“I really enjoy the encouragement and friendship of others on this site. Needle felting is the “oasis” that makes me happy.”Terri
“I had enormous fun making the pig, but more important, I have learned so many new techniques already! So much looking forward to my next project.”Susan
“When I read about you and your passion for felting I knew that I had finally found an instructor who would be able to help me become better at this great craft! I have had to be a self-taught gal as living in MT does not afford the availability of many instructors. So relying in other many and various avenues has been my only hope. I have needle felted for about 10 years, off and on. I have to thank you for putting your site together and offering folks, like myself, the knowledge and wisdom you have acquired. Bless your heart. I desire to learn as much as I can about felting. Teresa, you are a blessing to all of us.”Donna
The felting community forum will be available for you to communicate with other felting artists.
- Share techniques
- Share wool and supply sources
- Talk with Teresa and ask her questions.
- Organize your wool stash
- Share project ideas
- Felting with pets
- Share encouragement
- Pictures of your projects
I think this is the best resource available for needle felting. The expertise, explanation, and resources available are outstanding. Teresa provides step by step instruction with video’s for each item and the format allows you go at your own pace. If you have a question or want feedback she is will provide. She encourages you to share your work and if you upload a pic of your work she provides reviews and offers direction and suggestions. The cost of a one year membership is less than I have paid for one instruction DVD for one felting project.
I have just finished your Elephant course. I can’t tell you how much I have learned watching and listening to you in your videos. Prior to joining your Needle Felting Academy, I was felting simple animals such as penguins and bears that looked more like children’s toys. Being able to rewind and replay the videos has allowed me to felt to such an incredible anatomical detail that my elephant looks like a statue! I can’t wait to start my next project with you! I am so glad I found your website!
“I started following your work Teresa and was so impressed by the fact that you raise your own sheep for wool and make beautiful sculptures with it. I decided, since Needle Felting is not an Art form well known around me, that I would join the Academy so I could have a community to create and learn from/with. Thank you Teresa for sharing your talent and time!”Carol
I’ve been needle felting a couple of years. I’ve started projects then abandoned them because I couldn’t figure out how to finish or get the results I wanted. I joined the Academy so that hopefully I could learn some new techniques. I only took one course so far and I think my investment has paid off. I love the step by step directions and the finished products look so professional. The techniques I’ve learned I can apply to a lot of projects. If I have any questions that the Academy has not answered already I can write directly to Teresa and get the support I need.
I can’t wait until I get to the nativity animals. Each course builds my skill set. I love needle felting. I’m no artist but the animals from the Teresa’s courses are so lifelike and the directions so straight forward I can produce artistic results. So glad I joined.
Some of the techniques you will learn in the video courses-
- How to make realistic eyes and noses
- How I use wire armatures
- How to choose the right wool
- Combining wet felting with needle felting
- Layering colors
- How I attach components
- How I make smooth surfaces
- What to do when you make a mistake
- Needle Felting Shortcuts
- How to apply hair
- Beginner and advanced complete video courses on how to make an animal
- NEW courses will be added continually.
- Tips on how to improve your needle felting production time.
- I won’t be trying to sell you products you don’t need, instead I teach you easier and cheaper methods.
- The Best Part? I am in the forums daily. Ask me questions anytime. I offer feedback on sculptures helping you to know just what needs to be done and how.
- You have access to all courses at all times, old and new during your membership.