DIY Turkey Needle Felting Kit
Craft your way into the fall holidays with this charming, handmade needle felting kit. Follow step by step photographs and instructions to transform the North Dakotan Romney wool into an adorable turkey friend complete with glass eyes and a fall rainbow of feathers. Anyone, even beginners, can complete the project to perk up their home for fall.
Learn how to needle felt this adorable Turkey with me, Felting artist and Shepherd Teresa Perleberg.
*Everything you need as well as detailed instructions with high quality photographs of each step.
*All my kits are designed for beginners, the instructions will teach you everything you need to know even if you have never heard of felting before.
* No sewing, knitting or crocheting skills are needed to complete this project.
*The wool included in this kit was grown by my flock of sheep. High quality wool that is perfect for felting detailed, firm, high quality sculptures. This is the wool that allows me to create beautiful art and is what I use in all my projects.
What you will find in your kit:
- High quality Romney wool from my flock of sheep
- Glass eyes
- Felting Cushion
- Felting Needles
- Detailed instructions with high quality photos of each step by Teresa Perleberg
All enclosed in a resealable bag and shipped promptly.
1. Complete kit – This kit has everything listed above, and is everything you need to complete this kit.
2. No cushion and needles – I offer this option for those who would like to purchase more than one kit. You will only need one set of needles and one cushion for multiple felting projects. Please note that I remove the cushion and needles from a complete kit for this option. The packaging will stay the same and will state that the cushion and needles are included even though they have been removed.
3. Kit W/Wool Cushion – This kit includes everything listed above except we trade out the foam cushion for our specially designed wool felting cushion. We designed it ourselves and manufacture them right here at Bear Creek with, you guessed it, our very own wool. This is a great choice if you plan on doing more felting in the future. The wool felting cushion should last you a lifetime where foam cushions need replacing in between projects. Bundled together here at a reduced price to get you started with the best supplies.
*Children 10 and under should have adult supervision for this project as it contains sharp needles. Kids of all ages love my kits!
To learn more about needle felting check out these posts:
- Needle Felting 101
- Successful Needle Felting Projects for Beginners
- The Bear Creek Needle Felting Academy
The finished project measures, approximately 4 inches tall, 5 inches wide and 4 1/2 inches long.
The pumpkin kit goes beautifully with the Turkey Needle Felting kit! The finished pumpkins and turkey make beautiful fall decor.