Living Vintage is giving away over $750 in prizes to 27 winners! One of the prizes is a $25 gift certificate to Bear Creek Felting.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
A few Snowmen made since my last post. That is about all I have made until recently when I felt I had finally caught up a bit, I made a couple sheep. I had some fun using some crazy art yarn on some of the snowmen. I found the fun yarn at Vogue Knitting Live in Chicago and it helped to add something different when making so many of the same things. I am very happy the snowmen are so popular but I am also excited to move on to some new projects soon. You will find some of the items pictured in my Etsy shop , a lot of them sold immediately, but a few are left.
I few projects I finished recently. . .
At the Handspinners conference last month I learned how to use a blending board.
In the picture above I am rolling the blended wool into a rollag.
From the Rolag’s I will be able to spin them into yarn.
This is the yarn that I spun from the rollag.
This is the hat and scarf made from the yarn.
I recently attended the North Dakota Handspinners Conference in Jamestown, ND. My daughter and I had so much fun and learned many new things. My favorite was the blending board and the rolags that I made from it. I am looking forward to making my own blending board soon. Libbie and I went all out for the decorate your bag contest and Libbie won the peoples choice award. I am already looking forward to next year!
Cheri and I met through our interest in each others products on Etsy. She was inspired by my snowmen and these adorable paintings are the result. She has also painted the most adorable cattle paintings that I love. Visit Art Prints by Cheri on Etsy.
Needle Felting my 3rd Elephant.
A few items recently completed. Most can be found in my Etsy shop.
This is the beginnings of a needle felted giraffe. Hours have already been spent on this project getting it to this point.
Here I have put some work into the legs on one side.
The legs are finished on the other side. The legs take considerable patience becuase I felt around wire.
The head was an entire afternoons project.
Notice in the picture before this one that the ossicones were placed to far back on the head. I cut them off and moved them forward a bit and things started to look ok again.
Time for the spots.
Spots and a mane.
Spots are done on one side and most of the second. Almost done . . . .
A few pictures of my latest projects. You can find them all in my Etsy shop.